Exceeded expectations? Check.
Surpassed your wildest dreams? Check. Check.
This magnificent off-road vehicle has made its mark in the 23 foot segment. Yes, she is expansive, and then some, but the Cobalt R3 is much more than your typical 23 footer.
Let us begin with her physique. The R3 exterior profile is sleek and low. The transom, platform design and aft sunpad are sculpted beautifully creating a smooth and sexy profile. The sunpad backrest is convertible, and the rumble seat is simple and effective.
As we step aboard through the walk-through transom, you will notice the cockpit has an interior beam measurement that is over a foot wider than any competitive runabout. This is no illusion. This interior expansion, Free Space Reclamation, is exactly what Cobalt’s build process creates. It is most noticeable in the cockpit, which is adorned with seating that wraps around the transom and the port side. The wrap-around yacht style seating is exclusive to a boat her size. Notice the attention to detail in the upholstery with the stitching in perfect harmony. The design of the passenger seat provides a completely innovative convertibility to the cockpit.
At the helm, the aluminum dash panels, stainless switches, and form-fitted vinyl eyebrow are all highlighted by the 5″ digital gauges with multi-function displays. The six-speaker Rockford Fosgate stereo with Bluetooth, provides fidelity the audiophiles will appreciate. Feel the leather wrapped wheel, sit in comfort at the helm and utilize the perfectly placed armrest, and ergonomically positioned footrest. Everything fits, everything Cobalt.
The competition doesn’t belong in the same room.
2017 Suggested Base Price w/ Volvo Single V8-300CE-G EVC DP: $88,607
|Length Overall w/Swim Platform||23′ 10”||7.26m|
|Beam||8′ 6”||2.59 m|
|Interior Cockpit Width||95”||2.41 m|
|Deadrise at Transom||21 degrees||21 degrees|
|Fuel Capacity||50 gal.||189 L|
|Freshwater Capacity||10 gal.||38 L|
|Bridge Clearance w/o Bimini||62”||1.57 m|
|Bridge Clearance w/Bimini||89”||2.26 m|
|Bridge Clearance w/Arch or Tower||96”||2.44 m|
|Draft Drive Up||21”||.53 m|
|Draft Drive Down||37”||.94 m|
|Dry Weight||4450 lbs.||2018 kg|
|Boat Certified Capacity||12 persons||12 persons|
|Boat Certified Capacity w/gear||1800 lbs.||816 kg|
R3 Volvo Penta Power Selections
- V8-300CE-G EVC DP – 300 hp (221 PkW)
- V8-350CE-G EVC DP – 350 hp (261 Pkw)
- V8-380CE EVC DP – 380 hp (283 PkW)
- V8-430CE EVC DP – 430 hp (321 PkW)
R3 MerCruiser Power Selections
- 6.2 L MPI ECT DTS-300 B3 – 300 hp (221 PkW)
- 6.2 L MPI ECT DTS-350 B3 – 350 hp (261 PkW)
- 8.2 Mag ECT DTS B3X – 380 hp (283 PkW)
- 8.2 Mag HO ECT DTS B3X – 430 hp (321 PkW)
R3 Engine Enhancements – Standard
- DTS (Merc)
- EVC w/PTA & Cruise (Volvo)
R3 Engine Enhancements – Optional
- Anti-Corrosion System (Vol 200-300hp, Mer-Alpha)
- Ocean-X (Volvo)
- Seacore (Merc)
- Tow Mode (Volvo EVC)
R3 Dash and Instrumentation – Standard
- Accessory Power Plug – 12 Volt
Accessory Power Plug – 12 Volt
- Black Leather/SS Steering Wheel
Black Leather/SS Steering Wheel
- Color-Matched Aluminum Dash Panels
- Compass, Digital
- Composite Helm Eyebrow, Custom Stitching
- Dash Perimeter SS Accent Trim
- Depth & Water/Air Temp Gauge Pkg.
- Glass Cockpit, Dual Garmin 7607
- Gloss Black Dash Console w/SS Accents
- Hour Meter
- Illuminated Switch Panel/Switches
Illuminated Switch Panel/Switches
- Stainless Steel Switches
R3 Entertainment System – Standard
- Custom Acoustic Speaker Covers
- Sound System, JL Audio w/6 Spkrs.
- Stereo Remote, Dash
Stereo Remote, Dash
Control all stereo functions from the convenient dash mounted head unit.
- iPod/USB/MP3 Port
R3 Interior – Standard
- Aft Facing Rumble Seat
- Aft Sunpad Backrest SS Accent Rail
- Bow Armrests
- Bow Walk-Thru Doors
- Carpet, 40 oz., Snap-In w/Neoprene Back
- Del Mar Helm Capt. Chair
Del Mar Helm Capt. Chair
Del Mar seating features stainless accents on a custom helm seat design. Flip-up bucket also includes a stainless headrest accent and dual convenient adjustment levers. Shown in model R5.
- Passenger Seat Flip Backrest System
Passenger Seat Flip Backrest System
Dual position port side seating with a fore and aft adjustable backrest and passenger flip up seat. Storage is located beneath port side seating.
- Quilted Pattern Upholstery Accents
- Removable Bow & Cockpit Carpet
- Seating Varadense Comfort
- Sundeck Convertible Lounger
Sundeck Convertible Lounger
Lounger converts from standard seating configuration to sun pad or rumble seat.
- Trash Receptacle, Cockpit
R3 Exterior – Standard
- Anchor Locker
- Bow Scuff Plate, Stainless Steel
Bow Scuff Plate, Stainless Steel
Protect the gelcoat from trailer hook damage with the unparalleled bow scuff plate. Both fashionable and functional, the bow scuff plate from Cobalt is through bolted and designed custom for every Cobalt. Style may vary slightly depending on model.
- Extended Running Surface
- Fender Clips w/Line (4)
Fender Clips w/Line (4)
A set of Custom Stainless Fender Clips, which provide a solid and secure place to hang the fenders. Includes the insert, the receptacle, and fender lines.
- Graphics, Molded-In Gelcoat
- Midship Cleats
- SS Tubular Platform Perimeter Rail
- Ski Pylon – Stainless Steel
- Stainless Steel Engine Vents
- Stainless Top Trim Windshield
- Swim Platform w/Flip-Down Swim Step
Swim Platform w/Flip-Down Swim Step
The Cobalt patented swim step is designed for boating simplicity. A stainless latch releases the step for recessed storage or simply deploy for boarding.
R3 Structure and Safety – Standard
- 10/5/3 Year Warranty Protection
- Battery Switch, Single
Battery Switch, Single
Battery switch disconnects the single engine battery from entire vessel, with the exception of the bilge pump and stereo memory.
- Circuit Breaker Protected Elec System
Circuit Breaker Protected Elec System
Stainless steel circuit breakers can be reset with the touch of a button, and provide surge protection for the electrical system. Installation will vary depending on specific boat model.
- Composite Floor
- Composite Transom
- Fiberglass Cockpit Liner
- Fiberglass Stringer System
- Fire Extinguisher, Manual
- Ignition Safety Switch
Ignition Safety Switch
Standard engine ignition safety switch with belt clip.
- Kevlar Reinforced Hull
- Stainless Steel Windshield Braces
Stainless Steel Windshield Braces
Solid stainless steel windshield support stanchions. Installation will vary depending on specific boat model.
- Through Prop Exhaust
R3 Canvas – Options
- Bimini, Premium
- Bimini, Premium Easy-Fold
- Bow Tonneau Cover
Bow Tonneau Cover
Sunbrella Canvas bow cover with stainless steel snaps and velcro which attaches to cockpit cover.
- Cockpit Tonneau Cover
Cockpit Tonneau Cover
Sunbrella Cockpit Cover with stainless steel snaps custom designed for each Cobalt (including those boats with an arch or Bimini top). Shown on model 200.
- Mooring Cover
The ultimate in weather protection, our mooring cover is custom built for each Cobalt model. The custom cover includes velcro closures around the tops, and stainless steel winches on the gunwale straps, and tent poles to prevent water pooling.
R3 Dash and Instrumentation – Options
- Makassar Dash/Interior Trim Pkg.
- Rudder Indicator, Merc
- Rudder Indicator, Volvo
- XM Weather
R3 Entertainment System – Options
- Premium Sound System w/Transom Remote
- Premium Sound System w/Transom Remote & Spkrs.
- Satellite Radio System
- Speakers, Arch-1 pr.
- Stereo Remote, Transom
Stereo Remote, Transom
Transom stereo remote allows complete stereo function control from the sun lounger.
R3 Interior – Options
- Aft Walk-Thru Carpet
- Air Compressor w/Holder
- Bow Center Cushion Insert
- Dinette Table w/CP & Sunpad Receptacle
Dinette Table w/CP & Sunpad Receptacle
The R-5 dinette table with cockpit and sun pad receptacle provides the availability of placing the cockpit table at either location in conveniently placed stainless steel brackets.
- Floor Covering, Sea Grass
Floor Covering, Sea Grass
Sea Grass floor covering creates an elegant and comfortable style to the interior of any Cobalt. Rubber backing and stainless steel snaps make it as durable as it is elegant.
- LED Interior Accent Lighting (blue)
- Remote Courtesy Lights w/key fob
Remote Courtesy Lights w/key fob
Remote lighting is as simple as the touch of your key fob.
- Sof-Trac Marine Mat, Cockpit
- Stainless Steel Foot Tread (helm only)
Stainless Steel Foot Tread (helm only)
Stainless steel with rubber tread, the footrest instantly becomes an interior detail worth bragging about. Size and shape will vary slightly for custom fit to specific boat model.
- Sunpad Filler Cushion (w/Dinette)
Sunpad Filler Cushion (w/Dinette)
port side aft removable filler cushion mounts in the same hardware as the dinette table.
- Sunpad Filler Cushion (w/o Dinette)
Sunpad Filler Cushion (w/o Dinette)
Port side aft cushion and stainless steel mounting hardware.
- Throw Pillows, Weighted (10)
- Throw Pillows, Weighted (4)
R3 Exterior – Options
- Arch, Alum, Folding w/Bimini
- Arch, Electric Alum Folding w/Bimini
- Arch, SS/Alum w/Sunshade
- COBALT Oval Logo, Recessed
- Docking Lights-Stainless Steel
Docking Lights-Stainless Steel
The docking lights with stainless steel trim rings.
- Flagpole w/Flag
- Motorbox Actuator
- Sof-Trac Marine Mat, Swim Platform
- Swim Platform Transom Lighting
Swim Platform Transom Lighting
LED transom lighting provides the appropriate level of illumination for the perfect evening of entertaining friends. Shown on model 242 with standard swim platform.
- Transhield Shipping Cover
- Transom Shower
Freshwater wash down with pressure water system and fresh water tank.
- Transom Tilt Switch
Transom Tilt Switch
Control the drive trim adjustment at the transom for utilization while trailering or dockside.
- Underwater Lighting
LED underwater lighting system includes two light pods and the switch module. Beautiful evenings begin with illumination. Shown on model 302. Swim platform transom lighting also shown.
- Wakeboard Racks (req. Arch)
R3 Structure and Safety – Options
- Battery Maintainer/Charger, 110v
Battery Maintainer/Charger, 110v
Built in battery charger located in the engine compartment with external power connection at the transom.
- Battery Maintainer/Charger, 220v
Battery Maintainer/Charger, 220v
Built in battery charger located in the engine compartment with external power connection at the transom.
- Battery Switch, Dual w/ACR
Battery Switch, Dual w/ACR
Dual battery and voltage sensitive relay provides instant accessibility emergency power. Installation varies with specific boat model.
- CE Requirements w/Automatic Fire Extinguisher
- Captain’s Call Exhaust
- Captain’s Call Plus (w/Mufflers)
- Cruise Control-Smart Tow (Merc DTS)
- Cruise Control-Zero Off (Vol EVC)
- Drivers Rearview Mirror (W/S Mount)
Drivers Rearview Mirror (W/S Mount)
The clamp-on design is extremely solid and secure, but easily removed. A single tension knob will loosen the clamp and arm articulation for adjustment. Just position and lock everything down.
- Fire Extinguisher, Automatic System
Fire Extinguisher, Automatic System
Heat sensitive automatic Fireboy system mounted in the engine compartment designed to instantly eliminate flames in the event of an engine fire. Installation will vary depending on specific boat model.
- Tool Kit
- Trim Tabs w/Indicators
- Windlass, All Chain w/Anchor